Saturday, December 17, 2005

cold outdoor parties and hot indoor tension

The coldest Christmas party in the world today took place in the indoor barn of a Riding for the Disabled center somewhere high up in the north west of England.

Party!

but

Cold. So cold.

but

Party!

but

Cold. So cold.

And because I am nice and kind and giving in this season of niceness, kindness and givingness, I let Geroff keep warm by running around with Zig, while I stayed still and cold. So cold.

We came home to no mulled wine. Mulled wine would’ve warmed us from our thingies to our whatsits. Mulled wine was needed.

Note to self: next year, take a flask.

Now I’m flexing my thawing dialing finger for the off. Shayne or Andy, Andy or Shayne? I’m torn. Shayne is from Manchester, and is every potwasher I ever mothered in my bar days there, the sweetie ... Andy did that thing with Lately last week … Damn it all, Brenda, where are you?


Things To Do

Cake: Soak fruit in booze; chuck all the stuff together and cook; voodoo with more booze; marzipan; ice; eat.
Pressies: buy; wrap; distribute (wearing stiff gauntlet to save fingers). addendum: forget to give Suffolk ones to mum when she visits.
Pressies from kids: buy; make; wrap; post / give out.
Cards: buy / make; give out / post.
Decorations: consider putting up; put up; take down.
Christmas dinner: yeah, right.
Booze: buy; drink; buy; drink; be bought; drink; buy; drink; buy; drink; scrounge; drink; drink; drink; drink; buy; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink; drink (list in progress).

No comments: