Wednesday, June 29, 2005

ork and chips

G: Zig, Do you want to come with me when I help out at Molster’s Brownies? We’ve got owls coming to visit, and perhaps a hawk.

Z: A HAWK?.. Like in Lord of the Rings?.. Coming to Brownies?..

G:

No Zig, that’s an Ork. If there was going to be an Ork at Brownies tonight I don’t think I’d be rushing to help out. Unless it had really good tattoos. This is a hawk. A bird. With wings. That hovers. And eats mice and stuff.


[Later. At Brownies]

Owl Lady: Can anyone tell me what the owls eat?.. Yes… Yes, that’s right… Hmm… not really anything that big… Yes, all the birds here eat mice and rats and day old chicks.

Z: They eat day old chips?

Today, we’ve moved on. Today, after the excitement of holding a Great Grey Owl that was about as tall as him on a gauntlet longer than his arm (picture to follow, I hope), he has other things on his mind. Apparently, it’s not right that willies don’t have bones, however, it’s good that air is see-through or we wouldn’t be able to find the chocolate biscuits.

No comments: